Facebook Reporting Advice

Please be aware that the school is unable to take any more action against pupils on Facebook then that which parents/students are able to take themselves. The following advice is taken from the Facebook help pages.

How do I report abuse?

The most efficient way to report abuse is to do it in the same place it occurs on Facebook. For example, if you receive a harassing message in your Inbox, you can report the message by clicking on the "Report" link next to the sender's name. If you receive a harassing message from a person who is one of your Facebook friends, you should remove the person as a friend and report the message. Reporting a message as harassing will automatically add the sender to your Block List. You can also use the "Report/Block this Person" link that appears at the bottom of the abusive user's profile.

If you learn that someone is continuing to make abusive comments about you even after they've been blocked, a friend can report that person on your behalf. Reports are confidential and the user being reported does not know that they have been reported.

After a report is submitted, you will receive confirmation that the report has been received and we will investigate the issue to make a determination as to whether or not the content should remain on the site based on our Statement of Rights and Responsibilities. A Facebook administrator looks into each report thoroughly in order to decide the appropriate course of action.

How do I report abuse if I don't have an account on Facebook?

You can report any abuse here. http://www.facebook.com/help/contact.php?show_form=report_tos_violation

How do I report abusive behavior from a friend on Facebook?

If you are noticing abusive behavior from a person who is currently on your Friend List, we recommend that you remove this user from your Friend List and report them using the "Report/Block this Person" link that appears at the bottom of their profile.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, we further recommended that you block the abusive user by listing their name or email address in the "Block List" that appears at the bottom of the Privacy Settings page. You can read more about how to block someone here. http://www.facebook.com/help.php?page=841

Kirkby Stephen
Cumbria, CA17 4HA

T: (+44) 17683 71693

Mr Gary Hartley


website by Arrow Design