- About Us
- Contact Us
Kirkby Stephen Grammar School uses an open access policy for entry and aims to get the most from students by giving the most we can. We offer a wide range of subject at A' Level and vocational subjects from both here and at Appleby Heritage Centre.
It is our aim to offer individual packages to each student which could include both A' Levels and vocational courses, only A' levels or only vocational courses.
The sixth form has three areas where it focuses it's aims
- To ensure students are following appropriate courses
- To ensure students are set up to succeed
- To monitor student progress and keep students on target to achieve
- To encourage a good work ethic amongst students
Preparation for university/careers
- To prepare students for next steps in careers
- To prepare students for applying to university
- To give students responsibility in the school
- To give students independent learning skills in preparation for careers/university
- To give students life skills for independent living
Our success is shown through our excellent results and the number of our students who increasingly choose to stay on after Year Eleven and who then go on to their first choice of university or career. We are also successful in helping every other student who leaves the Sixth Form, either to become full-time employed or join colleges for Further Education