Year 7 Food Preparation & Nutrition
During the food course students will learn and develop new skills and qualities through these curriculum areas:
- Basic methods of cooking skills such as bread, pastry and cake methods
- Diet and Nutrition/Eat well plate and government guidelines
- Hygiene and Safety
- Weighing and Measuring
- Environmental awareness / Fair trade
Within each Key Stage area students will extend their existing knowledge through challenging new projects.
Food Preparation & Nutrition Assessment
- Knowledge outcomes are assessed through project booklet criteria.
- Practical outcomes are assessed to GCSE standards.
For more information, please go the DATA (Design & Technology Association) website at http://www.data.org.uk/ or contact Mr Kevin Gough