Year 9 Food Preparation & Nutrition
During the food course students will learn and develop new skills and qualities through these curriculum areas:
- Advanced cooking skills.
- Diet and nutrition for specific groups.
- Investigating food science.
- Plan and prepare a 3 course meal for a specific group cuisine.
- Hygiene and Safety Award
- Within each Key stage area students will extend their existing knowledge through challenging new projects.
Food Preparation & Nutrition Assessment
All students are assessed through a variety of assessment procedures and given a key stage grade using the National Curriculum levels. Assessments are made after each project is completed.
Assessment procedures are:
- Work completed in booklets through a Design. Make and Evaluate criteria.
- Practical Outcomes are assessed to GCSE standards using the new 1 to 9.
- Effort grades will also be given.
For more information please go the DATA (Design & Technology Association) website at http://www.data.org.uk/ or contact Mr Kevin Gough.