Key Stage 4
Towards the end of Key Stage 3 students are asked to choose their options in preparation for their GCSE courses.
During this time, we are able to offer pupils considerable amounts of advice, a major advantage of a small school. We liaise closely with parents to ensure that individual students are guided into an appropriate and broadly balanced curriculum suited to their abilities.
- English Language and English Literature
- Science(s) - combined or triple Science will be chosen
- Personal Development (Citizenship and Issues, Values & Beliefs)
- Physical Education (Games)
We feel that pupils should have a balanced curriculum which allows them to keep future options open to them and allow progression towards post 16 courses. Pupils choose 3 subjects (if studying triple science) or 4 subjects (if studying combined science).
All option subjects are allocated five lessons per fortnight.
Following government guidance towards Progress 8 measures we will ask all students to choose at least one of the following subjects:
- Computer Science
We are also initially offering the following subjects. Please note that not all of these subjects will run if there are insufficient numbers of students.
- Art & Design
- Business Studies
- Design & Technology
- Level 1/2 Award in Engineering
- Food Preparation & Nutirition
- IT- Digital
- Media Studies
- Physical Education (GCSE)