Year 8 Food Preparation & Nutrition
During the food course students will learn and develop new skills and qualities through these curriculum areas:
- Advanced knife skills of meat, fish & poultry.
- Diet and Nutrition/different dietary needs.
- Multicultural food.
- Cake decorating techniques.
- Sensory evaluation.
- Food labelling and the traffic light system.
- Food packaging and single use plastics.
- Within each Key Stage area students will extend their existing knowledge through challenging new projects.
Food Preparation & Nutrition Assessment
All students are assessed through a variety of assessment procedures and given a key stage grade using the National Curriculum levels. Assessments are made after each project is completed.
- Work completed in booklets through knowledge based project work.
- Practical Outcomes are also graded to the new GCSE grades of 1 to 9.
- Effort grades are also given.
For more information please go the DATA (Design & Technology Association) website at http://www.data.org.uk/ or contact Mr Kevin Gough.