Vision and Aims
- Kirkby Stephen Grammar School is a learning community committed to success for all.
Our Academy Aims
- To promote lifelong learning
- To promote an inclusive ethos in which everyone can develop and be successful
- To encourage everyone to improve standards of academic progress
- To develop self-discipline and positive social behaviour to enable students to become effective citizens in society
- To provide a wide and exciting range of enrichment activities beyond the classroom
- To provide high quality learning opportunities and higher standards through sharing specialist facilities and resources with partner schools and developing and disseminating good practice
- To work with the Eden Valley Sports Partnership to develop high quality PE, School Games and competition
- To provide high quality learning opportunities for members of the wider community
- To develop partnerships with local businesses and providers.
- To plan for all pupils to stay on in training, apprenticeships or education to the age of 18
- To cater for the needs of Gifted and Talented pupils.
- To work effectively with our partner schools for mutual support and benefits
Our Co-operative Academy Values
- The Trust exists for the advancement of education in the Upper Eden Valley
- In co-operatives, people help each other whilst helping themselves by working together for mutual benefit
- Individuals within co-operatives act responsibly and play a full part in the organisation
- A co-operative will be structured so that members have control over the organisation—one member, one vote
- Each member will have equal rights and benefits
- Members will be treated justly and fairly
- Members will support each other and other co-operatives.
In the tradition of their founders, co-operative members believe in the ethical values of:
- Social Responsibility
- Caring for Others